Our goal is to make it possible for all families to be able to attend our school regardless of financial circumstances. At the same time, the resources we have to provide assistance to families are limited.
The Tuition Assistance Committee (TAC) services the Honolulu Waldorf School community by attempting to close the gap between the set tuition and a family's ability to pay. The TAC is responsible for granting tuition reductions based on demonstrated financial need in accordance with the TAC's budget, procedures and policies. Tuition reductions help support the economic diversity of the community and economic health of the school.
We use FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment for the initial determination of each family's financial need. Information provided on the FACTS Grant & Aid application will generate a confidential report by FACTS, which will then be sent to the TAC. The FACTS report will provide a recommended amount of assistance; however, the TAC will make the actual grant determination. The awards are made in an objective and fair manner.
If you are considering applying for a Tuition Assistance Award here are some tips to make the process go smoothly.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE: factstuitionaid.com
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR THE 2013-14 SCHOOL YEAR
- COMPLETE Applications must BE SUBMITTED & VERIFIED on or before March 1, 2013, to receive PRIORITY consideration (See COMPLETE APPLICATION CHECKLIST below). PLEASE NOTE: This will require EARLY SUBMISSION of your tax returns.
- All Applicants are REQUIRED to file an IRS 1040 regardless of income
- All applicants are expected to indicate the amount they can afford
ONCE YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO FACTS, SEND IN YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
FAX to: 1-866‐315‐9264
Or mail to: FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. BOX 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501‐2524
Document Submission Tips
- For your peace of mind, consider using USPS Return Receipt Requested, Federal Express, or other confirmation delivery services to track the delivery of your documentation.
- It takes approximately 10 BUSINESS DAYS to have your application verified; please plan accordingly.
- Be proactive and check on the status of your application with FACTS Grant and Aid:
Office number: 866-315-9262
Fax number: 866-315-9264
Tuition Assistance Application Checklist
- Online FACTS Grant & Aid Application
verified by FACTS
- Complete and signed 2012 IRS 1040, all W2, all 1099, with all applicable schedules (required for all applicants)
- Divorce decree or any court-ordered support document. BOTH parents must provide financial documentation. Must be resubmitted every year.
- Copy of (2) most recent pay stubs to verify income
- Copy of (2) most recent State unemployment checks (if applicable)
- Copy of any trust as it applies to the financial support of the student’s education (if applicable)
- Self-employed applicants:
Copy of (2) most recent GE-45 Forms
Copy of 2012 G-49 Annual Summary and Reconciliation submitted to State
2-4 months of Owner Draws made to establish income
- Copy of Award Letter or Documentation about any financial aid received by siblings attending other schools
- A letter addressed to the TAC that includes any further explanations or considerations to supplement your application. PLEASE NOTE: Providing as much information as possible for the Tuition Assistance Committee is beneficial when your application is reviewed.
If you have additional questions please contact Arthur Valenzuela via email at email@example.com
or Irene Knuuti via email at firstname.lastname@example.org